Atomic is going on hiatus as of mid-October 2013. We have a lot going on in our personal life and careers, and not enough time to work on it with the care it deserves. We’ll keep you posted on anything further as it arises. Thanks!
* * *
Atomic is a rather unconventional venue in that and we operate as a non-profit even though we’re not officially registered as such. Our goal is to offer alternative space for alternative ideas and production, so everything hosted at Atomic is negotiated on a case by case basis depending on whether it is a radical/non-profit/indie for-profit/commerical venture and it’s specific requirements.
Ultimately, we volunteer our time and make space available at highly subsidized rates to projects we would like to support personally. We therefore make a point of being involved in activities that are mutually beneficial and we aim to to juggle this with other areas of work in our lives. Atomic is therefore not a full-time venue/project.
Atomic has and will continue to host a range of events including screenings, live music, theatre, performance, discussions, craft shows and exhibitions. We’re also open to our space being used for short-term rehearsals, auditions, photo and film shoots, and more.
If you are interested in booking an event at Atomic, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a message that introduces yourself as well as the project you’re organizing. The following details will be much appreciated so we can decide if the event is one we have time, capacity, and ability to support:
- Type of event (priority to exhibitions and installations, screenings, readings/lectures, and day-time events such as workshops that are artistically and/or politicially progressive in nature; we are not booking any large music shows, but will consider smaller punk/thrash/metal/experimental gigs on a case by case basis)
- Type of spaces required (i.e. performance space, administrative/check in space, dressing room and/or green room)
- Type of equipment required (i.e. stage, chairs, tables, lighting, we might/might not have a PA, depending on the dates you have in mind)
- Load in date/time
- Start time
- Cover charge
- Anticipated attendance (number of people; age range)
- Ability to have volunteers working at the door at all times who can be fully trusted to take seriously the security requirements of our space (which is, primarily, private studios) + additional dedicated volunteers who can also help us maintain a positive, peaceful, and friendly atmosphere during your event
- End time
- Load out time/date
- Ability to have volunteers help with clean up that night and/or the next day (same night clean up preferred)