- April 18th, 2013
- Write comment
The “City With No Animals” is an interactive and immersive installation running April 26th and 27th in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Come visit the White City and learn its history, read its stories, interact with its inhabitants, and play in a world where your only responsibility is to follow your bliss. Experience walking through a city that’s only ever before existed in the imagination, peek into the shops, have tea at the teashop, explore the haunted quarter, have your fortune told at the tree of clouds, and even attend a storytelling performance held in the installation itself. It’ll be something that’s never been see before!
- The White Tower ~ Where you begin your tour and learn all about the city, is history, and how the people live. You’ll receive a key to start exploring the work.
- The Paper City ~ Visitors will be able to peek inside apartments, shops, and other buildings created from art boxes, paper, glitter, glue, & imagination.
- The Cloud Tree ~ A definitely to scale size tree wrapped in clouds where visitors can play a fortune telling game!
- Beneath the Rose Teashop ~ A teashop where visitors can get a complimentary cup of tea and learn the mysterious history of the city’s favourite theatre, read the weekly newspaper, or other printed materials from the city.
- Oprea Garden ~ A large paper garden that visitors can sit in and curiously, even smell!
- Fourth Quarter Gate ~ Peer inside to see the ghostly forms of the haunted Fourth Quarter!
Friday, April 26th 5:00 -9:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 27th 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Storytelling – Saturday at 6:00 p.m. only
$5 admission at door
Tour the installation from 5 – 9 pm both Friday and Saturday evening or join us at 6:00 pm on Saturday only to enjoy a storytelling performance by the characters that live in the city.
Visit http://www.faeriedark.com for more information!